FQA Film Quality Analyzer
The Brabender FQA Film Quality Analysis System represents an additional follow-up device for the optical evaluation of the quality of blown and cast films. This is particularly suitable for use in the development of virgin plastics as well as quality assurance in the processing of films with recycled or biopolymer content.
Broad range of applications
- Univex cast film take-off unit
- Blown film take-off unit
- Brabender Auto-Grader
- Black Specks
- Extrusion lines
- Modern & consistent design for many Brabender instruments
- Easy and flexible data access via web browser
- Automatic data exchange: Continuous transmission of measured values determined by upstream Brabender instruments
- Intelligent service: Integrated remote maintenance and feedback functions allow us to help you as quickly as possible
- Standard export: In formats such as Excel, CSV or PDF. But also directly via e-mail
- Connectivity: Support of third-party systems (e.g. LIMS, ERP) via Brabender WebAPI, shared network folders or OPC UA
The optical inspection of the extruded film is carried out in the Brabender FQA system using high-resolution line scan cameras and automatic image processing. This is based on grey scale analysis, the detection ranges of which are defined for the respective defect types according to the application. The inclusions and defects detected during the inspection are statistically evaluated within the MetaBridge software and displayed in real time.
The recorded number of defects and their size distribution are used to continuously determine the Film Quality Index (FQI). The operation of the FQA is also integrated into the Brabender MetaBridge software so that FQA and process data can be viewed and evaluated together. The integration of the FQA into MetaBridge means that it can also be integrated into external third-party systems via a variety of interfaces.
4096 pixel CCD line scan camera
4096 (H) x 16384 (L)
Minimum sampling time:
10.2 μs (97.7 kHz)
400 MHz 32 x
Brabender’s cross-device software solution provides a consistent user experience between all Brabender units. The MetaBridge comes with various data evaluation functionality, preimplemented standards and customizable measurement methods in order to meet application specific requirements. Regular updates improve and expand your device and let you automatically benefit from the latest trends and developments.
The ExtMB software belongs to the MetaBridge family and is our optimized version for the laboratory extrusion process. Here, all sensor data is summarized in an interactive measurement and this further enhances your understanding of your product.