Density is an important process-relevant parameter in rubber production and correlates with properties such as the degree of crosslinking or the hardness of the elastomer under consideration. The determination of density is therefore of particular importance for both formulation development and continuous production-accompanying quality control. The Brabender ElaTest enables reliable and reproducible determination of the density of non-vulcanized, i.e. non-crosslinked, rubbers and rubber compounds.
Reliable raw material control
- Direct use in the production environment
- Reference value comparison with alarm function for quality and incoming goods control
- Correlation: Statistical evaluation of test results
- User-defined method definition
- DAkkS accredited calibration (optional)
- Modern & uniform design for many Brabender devices
- Easy and flexible data access via a web browser
- Automatic data exchange: automatic transmission of measured values determined by upstream Brabender devices
- Smart service: Integrated remote maintenance and feedback functions enable us to help you as quickly as possible
- Standard export: In formats such as Excel, CSV or PDF. But also directly via e-mail
- Connectivity: Support of third-party systems (e.g. LIMS, ERP) via Brabender WebAPI, shared network folders or OPC UA
The density is determined by determining the sample mass with the aid of the integrated electronic balance and the volume is determined via an electronic displacement measuring system. The sample is first weighed and then compressed by a piston in the measuring cylinder at a defined pressure. Taking into account the diameter of the measuring cylinder and the determined piston position, the sample volume and density are calculated.
0.8 – 2.6 g/cm3
Diameter of measuring cylinder:
Max. measuring path:
Pressure (compressed air):
Pressure range for compression:
6 – 6,5 bar
33,5 kN (at 6 bar)
40 – 120 cm3
1 x 200…240 V 50/60 Hz, +N +PE
100 … 127 V, 50/60 Hz, +PE
Compressed air 6 – 6,5 bar, quick coupling, 1 x RJ 45
network (Ethernet), 2 x USB for printer and service
Dimensions (W x H x D):
550 x 1370 x 650 mm
ca. 130 kg
Brabender’s cross-device software solution provides a consistent user experience between all Brabender units. The MetaBridge comes with various data evaluation functionality, preimplemented standards and customizable measurement methods in order to meet application specific requirements. Regular updates improve and expand your device and let you automatically benefit from the latest trends and developments.
Brabender devices with this function have a built-in computer and a touch display. This allows our customers to directly and easily start operating our devices without any IT experience. Combined with other Brabender technologies such as EmbeddedHC, this results in a very compact device setup.