Monitor manufacturing processes or test large volumes on a production scale
The Convimeter II can be used both within a control station system and in stand-alone operation. Operation is effortless browser-based via the network or the integrated touch screen.
Brabender has incorporated the experience gained from the Convimeter, which has proven itself for almost 60 years, into the development. Thus, the latest evaluation technology meets solid material and manufacturing quality.
- Process viscometer – for inline measurement, control and regulation.
- Innovation – range of functions supports the development of new products and processes
- Wide measuring range – 30 – 2,000,000 mPas Newtonian and non-Newtonian liquids
- Hygiene – No wetted bearings or dynamic seals
- Mature measurement technology – Recognized in the industry for nearly 60 years and proven thousands of times over
The measuring method is based on the further development of the rotational viscometer principle. Already the Convimeter I works here with a wobbling motion, which ensures a good substance exchange and macroscopic shear at small shear gradients. With the Convimeter II, the measurement is now fully digitized, which leads to a reduction of moving parts and thus to particular ease of maintenance and robustness. The fully digital signal processing.
Creating viscosity profiles – characterization In food production, ingredient mixtures with non-Newtonian behavior are regularly encountered. The “Characterization” measuring program can be used to analyze the rheological behavior on the basis of a precisely definable speed profile. The results support the planning or adaptation of production processes. New or modified formulations can thus be tested on a large scale under real conditions. The measurement results are available directly on the operating unit or on any browser-capable device in the same network.
Shear rate matching – measured value alignment During prescribed quality controls in the laboratory, the conditions in production can only be reproduced to a limited extent. This is due to the fact that shear rate-dependent viscosities from a laboratory environment cannot be easily transferred to a process section. With the help of shear rate matching, the measured values can be matched (within the speed range).
- Wide range of applications – thanks to adjustable shear rates and large measuring range
- Automation – measurement and control during the production process
- Fast substance exchange – due to pump effect
- Low shear rates – macroscopic shear at small shear gradients
- Measurement of the overall structure – behavior is not only recorded at an interface, but determined over a macroscopic rang
- Precise measurements – viscosity is measured at real prevailing conditions
- CIP – “Clean In Place
30 to 2,000,000 mPas
± 0,5% of measured value
+5 to +50°C / 41 to 122°F
Maximum media temperature
130°C / 266°F
max. 10 bar / 145 psi
Substance wetted parts made of stainless steel DIN EN 10088 – 1.4307 – AISI/SAE 304L
4 – 20mA, TCP
100V – 240V, -15% / +10%, 50 – 60Hz, max. 120W
Protection class measuring head
Protection type control unit
Dimensions (WxDxH)measuring head
185 x 514 x 162 mm / 7.28 x 20.24 x 6.38 in
Dimensions (WxDxH) Control Unit-TS
483 x 178 x 265 mm / 19 x 7 x 10.43 in (19″ – 4 U)