Blown film take-off unit
Efficient downstream processing of extruded film hoses
In blown film extrusion, you optimize your production conditions through the wide range of adjustment options of the blown film and take-off unit:
- Adjust the tube diameter, flattened film width, film thickness and film diameter flexibly and reproducibly.
- Check the so-called “frost limit” (the transition from the plastic to the solid state) by means of an adjustable annular gap of the film blowing head.
- Support air and adjustable haul-off speed ensure optimum conditions for haul-off of the material.
- A user-friendly touchscreen allows you to adjust the working height, winding torque and cooling air conveniently and precisely.
- Extend optional functions and setting options as required.
- The plastic polymer exits the extruder via a ring die. The material flows out in the shape of a bubble.
- The diameter of the formed bubble can be adjusted by the amount of inflation air supplied.
- Through the film width control the bubble is guided upwards.
- Subsequently, the material is flattened by collapsing frames and taken off by nip rolls.
- The film is guided over the pulley and the guide rollers to the winder, which produces the finished film rolls.
Number of Nip rolls:
Dimension of the Nip rolls:
84 mm Ø, 321 mm long
Material of the Nip rolls:
Driven roller: steel
Compression roller: rubber
Hard paper winding sleeve, 50 mm Ø x 300 mm long
Dimensions (H x B x T):
880 x 3200 x 978 mm
3 x 400 V, 50/60 Hz + N + PE, 16 A
Brabender devices with this function have a built-in computer and a touch display. This allows our customers to directly and easily start operating our devices without any IT experience. Combined with other Brabender technologies such as EmbeddedHC, this results in a very compact device setup.
The MetaBridge Connect technology provides various data exchange interfaces and flexible connectivity features. Data sharing between all Brabender MetaBridge devices in one network allows for smart workflows and process efficiency. Moreover, the integrated web-based software interface (WebAPI) connects and automatically exchanges data with natively connected database systems and / or 3rd party laboratory information and management systems (LIMS) or ERP solutions.